PURCHASE AND REDEMPTION
- Must have an Uber account with valid payment or debit card on file to purchase or redeem Uber gifts.
- Uber gifts are promotion codes redeemable for the amount specified at time of purchase. A person who purchases Uber gifts is referred to in these terms as the “Purchaser.” A person who receives and/or redeems an Uber gift is referred to in these terms as the "Recipient."
- Promotion code will be emailed in PDF format to the email specified at time of purchase.
- Recipient must redeem promotion code in the Uber app or on https://clients.uber.com/#!/promotions to add the code’s credit value to their Uber credit balance.
- Uber gifts do not expire.
- Uber gifts cannot be redeemed for cash, except as required by law.
- Any credits that remain unused after one year from the date that the promotion code was entered into the Uber app or on https://clients.uber.com/#!/promotions, will be refunded to the Purchaser’s payment card entered in their user profile. If the promotion code has not been redeemed within one year from the date of purchase, the Uber gift amount will be refunded to the Purchaser’s payment card entered in their user profile and the promotion code will be revoked.
- Uber gifts cannot be used to pay for any Uber service fees
- Uber gifts are non-refundable except as set forth in these terms and conditions.
- Uber charges no fees associated with these transactions.
- Uber gifts are only available in electronic form.
- Only a valid payment card or debit card may be used to purchase Uber gifts.
- The limit on an individual Uber gift credit amount is $2,000.
- The limit on total daily Uber gift purchases/per person is $9,500.
- Uber may change these limits or apply other limits to individual purchases and redemptions of gift credits in its discretion.
- Currently, the Uber gift program is only available to users who reside in the United States.
- When the Uber gift promotion code is redeemed, Uber credit will be applied to the Recipient’s subsequent Uber fares until their credit balance reaches $0. If a fare exceeds the Recipient’s Uber credit amount, the balance will be charged to a payment or debit card on file with the Recipient’s Uber account.
- Uber credit will be applied to fares billed in the corresponding currency. Example: Uber credit value in USD will only be applied to fares billed in USD.
- Fare adjustments on trips paid for with Uber gifts will be issued as Uber credit.
- Uber gift codes may be used as personal or business gifts, but may not be used in connection with any marketing, advertising or other promotional activities including without limitation via websites, Internet advertisements, email, telemarketing, direct mail, newspaper and magazine advertisements, and radio and television broadcasts.
- Uber is not responsible if an Uber gift is lost, stolen or used without permission.
- Uber reserves the right to close accounts and request alternative forms of payment if a code is fraudulently obtained or used.
OTHER TERMS APPLICABLE TO THE PURCHASE AND USE OF UBER GIFTS
- Assignment Waiver: We may assign this Agreement at any time without notice to you. However, if we assign this Agreement, the terms of this Agreement will remain substantially and materially the same unless you are notified.
- Arbitration: For any claim against Uber Technologies, Inc. for less than $10,000, the party seeking redress may elect to resolve the dispute through binding non-appearance based arbitration. In the event a party elects arbitration, they shall initiate such arbitration through an established alternative dispute resolution ("ADR") provider mutually agreed upon by the parties. The ADR provider and the parties must comply with the following rules: a) the arbitration shall be conducted by telephone, online and/or be solely based on written submissions, the specific manner shall be chosen by the party initiating the arbitration; b) the arbitration shall not involve any personal appearance by the parties or witnesses unless otherwise mutually agreed by the parties; and c) any judgment on the award rendered by the arbitrator may be entered in any court of competent jurisdiction.
- Applicable Law: This agreement is governed by the laws of the State of California, USA, excluding choice of law principles.
- No Warranty Regarding Goods and Services: We are not responsible for the quality, safety, legality, or any other aspect of any services purchased by you with your Uber gift.
These terms are subject to change.