In order to keep the Uber app running smoothly and prevent bugs from interfering with your experience, we’ve discontinued support for iOS 6. Don’t worry, you can still get a ride — just follow the instructions below.
If you have an iPhone 4 or newer:
- Go into iPhone’s Settings app, then tap General
- Tap Software Update to download iOS 8
- Once you have iOS 8, you can get the latest Uber app by going to the App Store and checking for Updates
If you’re not ready to update your OS, you can still use Uber from our mobile web app via Safari. To get access to the mobile web app, submit a support request with the subject “Need m.uber.com access”
If you have an iPhone 3GS or older:
Unfortunately, your iPhone can no longer run the Uber app. You’ll still be able to download an older version from the App Store, but when you try to open Uber from your home screen, you’ll see an alert telling you that this version of the app isn’t supported anymore.
Our mobile web app, available via Safari, has the same great features as our iOS app. To get access to the mobile web app:
- Submit a support request with the subject “Need m.uber.com access”
- Once you receive a response, go to https://m.uber.com from the Safari app and sign in
- Request and ride, just like you’re used to doing
Feel free to reach out to us with any questions. We’ll always make sure there’s a way for everyone, everywhere to ride with Uber — no matter what platform or device you’re using.