Visible and Vibrating Alerts
If you are deaf or hard of hearing, assistive technology such as visible and vibrating alerts can help you use the Uber app.
- Head to your iPhone’s General Settings, and tap the Accessibility tab
- Scroll down to the Hearing section to enable LED Flash for Alerts to enable vibration and LED Flash notifications from Uber, such as a note that your driver has been assigned, your driver is arriving, or that your ride has been cancelled.
Other Visual Features
- To request a ride, tap “Set Pickup Location” with the location pin or manually enter an address at the top of the screen.
- Choose your vehicle at the bottom of the pickup location screen. Double tap the car icon to view pricing and ETAs.
- Tap the Fare Quote button and enter your dropoff location to get a better idea of what your ride may cost. Tap the request button.
- Once a driver has accepted your request, you’ll receive a push notification or SMS text with your drivers’ name, rating, and ETA. Riders can use the map in their app to follow their drivers’ path to pick them up. You will also receive a push notification or SMS text when you driver has arrived.
- If you are having trouble and need to contact your driver, you can tap the “^” button next to your drivers’ information to contact him. Tap “text driver” to send your driver a text message.
- After your trip, rate your driver and type in any feedback you may have for the trip.